Kathy has 12 years of volunteer experience in various roles throughout the Adams 12 community.
Mother of three Adams 12 students- two daughters currently in high school and a son in middle school.
Parent volunteer in Adams 12 for the last 12 years, including:
- Centennial Elementary PTO President, Secretary & School Improvement Team (SIT) member (during 2001-2007)
- Coyote Ridge Elementary PTA & SIT member (2007-2012)
- Rocky Top Middle School SIT member (2007-present)
- Legacy High School SIT Member (2010-present)
Member of DSIT (District School Improvement Team) in various roles:
- Steering Team Member (7 yrs)
- School Review Coordinator (3 yrs)
- District Unified Improvement Plan committee member (2 years)
- Policy Council Member (4 yrs)
- Transitions Subcommittee Co-chair (3 yrs)
- Lead author of Adams 12 Kindergarten School Transition Guide and Middle School Transition Guide (http://www.adams12.org/dsit/resources)
- Facilitator of 4-part Parent/Community Budget Meetings (2013)
Education: B.A., Political Science/Public Service Concentration M.P.H. (Master of Public Health), Health Behavior/Health Education
20 years public health work experience
The Vision – A Completed Puzzle
Adams 12 will provide an exceptional educational experience that meets the needs of all students and prepares them for success in life.
The Pieces to Get There
Parents + community + staff + students + administration + Board of Education working together to support student learning and opportunities for growth.
Creating challenging and varied learning environments in all schools; providing opportunities to study diverse subjects in innovative ways; and promoting creativity.
Recruiting, supporting and retaining the best school and district staff.